Last Updated: 09.11.2023
Booking Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing to book with us. A warm welcome awaits you at the St. David’s Hotels. By making this booking you are entering an agreement with us and we encourage you to read our terms and conditions below.
When you book with the St. David’s Hotels on our website, you will be booking our most competitive rates. We offer Flexible Purchase rates and Advance Purchase rates which are our most competitive prices.
Your financial security is important to us and you can rest assured that payment card details entered onto our systems are encrypted and therefore not accessible by any staff members. On making your booking, you will need to enter your card details on our booking engine which is managed by a specialist third party provider. Please note, you will have a variety of options to pay including, VISA, AMEX, Mastercard, Paypal and ApplePay.
Advance Purchase – lowest ‘room only’ rate
1. Pay now for your booking - You will be required to enter your card details via the booking engine on our website to secure your accommodation for your chosen dates at the Advance Purchase rates.
2. Once the payment is made, you are able to amend your dates at least 7 days before your date of arrival. The booking cannot be cancelled and therefore, you are not eligible for a refund whatever the circumstances. Please do check that your travel insurance will cover you for any unforeseen circumstances.
Flexible Purchase – flexible ‘room only’ rate
1. Reserve now but pay later for your booking - You will need to register on our website when making your reservation so that you are able to amend or cancel your booking. Such amendments must be done online by 2pm, 48 hours before your arrival date otherwise full payment will be charged to your booking card.
2. Should you decide to amend your booking to alternative dates, the room rates are subject to change.
3. As you have chosen a Flexible Purchase, you will have the option to change the method of payment from your original booking card. You will be sent a link to make payment 96 hours (4 days) before your arrival date and you will have 48 hours to make the payment to ensure your room is secure. If you do not use the payment link, your original booking card will be charged 2 days before your arrival.
Whether you have chosen an Advance Purchase rate or a Flexible Purchase rate, if payment is rejected by your credit/debit card company, we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without notice. You will be able to book again via our website should your room choice be available for the dates you require and provided your credit/debit card is accepted. Please note rates are subject to change.
In the event you do not arrive as planned, the prepaid amount will be held as the cancellation fee. If you’ve booked two nights or longer, we will hold your room until midday following the day of your arrival. Should we not hear from you by this time, we will assume that you are not coming and the remaining nights will be released for other guests to book. Your prepaid amount will be held as the cancellation fee.
Group Bookings or Long Stays
If you need to book six or more rooms or your stay is for more than seven nights, your booking may qualify for special rates.
Please email your enquiry to email@example.com.
Check In & Check Out Times
Check-in Time: 2pm
Check-out Time: 10:30am
Early check-in from 11am or late check-out until 1:30pm is available by prior arrangement and subject to a charge of £30 for each option.
We are not able to accommodate pets at this property except for guide dogs by prior arrangement. Guide dogs must be kept off the bed and furniture at all times and are not allowed in our breakfast room or anywhere near where food is being served. Guide dogs are not to be left unattended for any period of time and must be kept on a lead when in communal areas. Charges may apply. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if your guide dog causes any nuisance or unrest to fellow guests or staff. You will be liable for any damages caused by your guide dog.
Extra Beds and Cots
We can provide a cot for an additional charge of £15 per cot per night (suitable for babies or toddlers under 2 years).
We can provide a compact single bed (80cm by 190cm) for an additional charge of £15 per bed per night in the family rooms only.
Your Room in Our Building
Our 170 year old Grade 2 listed historic building has a wealth of original features including beautiful fireplaces, high ceilings, ornate cornicing, sash windows, wrought iron staircases and balconies which we do not doubt that you will find charming. With these charms come a number of quirks which may be more apparent in some rooms versus others but which include some draughty original sash windows, lots of stairs, creaky floorboards, a faint rumble of the underground, street noise and guest noise all of which are unavoidable but we think will augment your experience of London. Please also note that no two rooms are exactly the same and so we have done our best to provide a range of images of our hotel rooms but like us, our rooms are individual in style, size and position and therefore the images you have seen on our website may not be an exact representation of the room you will be provided with during your stay.
If you have any concerns regarding your room, please let our reception team know as soon as possible straight after checking-in.
Smoking / Vaping Policy
The St. David’s Hotels is a non-smoking / non-vaping establishment, both inside and outside the property. Any guests found to be in breach of this policy will be asked to leave immediately, being deemed to be in breach of the conditions of stay as shown above. We also reserve the right to charge £250 if the room has to be specially cleaned and aired before it is suitable for use by another guest.
Damages and Breakages
Please take care when staying in our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. You are not permitted to remove any items from the St. David’s Hotels (such as TVs, linen or artwork) and we will charge your credit/debit card with the replacement value. We ask that you report any incidents as they occur.
We ask that guests take special care of door keys during their stay and leave their key at reception when leaving the hotel. If keys are lost or not returned at the end of your stay, it will be necessary to change locks and replace keys and the cost of this will be chargeable up to £100.
Lost property will be disposed of if not collected within 14 days of your departure date.
Conditions of stay
Guests who are not named on the booking, will not be allowed into the hotel room at any time. The number of guests staying in any one room is limited to the room type. E.g. single rooms are for one person, double or twin rooms are for two persons, triples are for three persons and family rooms are for four persons.
We reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation if guests engage in aggressive or inappropriate behaviour that causes a disturbance, nuisance or offence to our staff or other guests.
Loss of or Damage to YOUR Property
Under the Hotel Proprietors Act 1956, an hotel proprietor may in certain circumstances be liable to make good any loss of or damage to a guest’s property even though it was not due to any fault of the proprietor or staff of the hotel. This liability however—
1. extends only to the property of guests who have engaged sleeping accommodation at the hotel;
2. is limited to £50 for any one article and a total of £100 in the case of any one guest.
3. does not cover motor-cars or other vehicles of any kind or any property left in them, or horses or other live animals.
This notice does not constitute an admission either that the Act applies to this hotel or that liability thereunder attaches to the proprietor of this hotel in any particular case. A full copy of the Hotel Proprietors Act is available upon request.